How do I unlock my Blackberry?
You will need to know your IMEI number (found in Options->Status). Most carriers should give you your unlock code, but you may have to purchase a code from a vendor such as GSM Unlock Online. Each BlackBerry has its own unlock code, so you can't just get your friends unlock code, etc.
Once you have your unlock code follow these steps: (Note: You need to have a SIM card in your phone, whether active or not doesn't matter)
BlackBerry 8800/8300 Curve
1. Go to Settings Menu -> Options
2. Select Advanced Options -> SIM Card
3. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
4. Type MEP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
5. A prompt should come up "Enter Network MEP Code" Type in your unlock code then press the track wheel to confirm.
6. The phone is now unlocked.
1. Insert SIM card and power phone on.
2. Make sure the radio and wireless are turned off.
3. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
4. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
5. Type MEPP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
6. Enter the unlock code and press enter
7. Reboot. Device is now unlocked.
1. Follow steps 1-4 from above.
2. While holding the ALT key type MEPE
3. A prompt will appear. Enter your unlock code and press in the jog dial to confirm.
4. Device is now unlocked.
BlackBerry 6xxx, 7xxx
1. Go to Options -> SIM Card
2. Type MEPD for all models except 7100 in which case type MEPPD (you won't see the text)
3. Usually you will see "active" NET lock. Disable by typing MEP2 or MEPP2 for the 7100.
4. You should be prompted to enter your unlock code. Enter it.
5. Device should be unlocked.